To change a the “bitness” of a DomainService client from x86 to x64. This might be required if the wrong version is initial installed or some other situation causes the need to change.
- Run “net stop RuffianDomainService”
- Run “DomainService uninstall” from the old install location.
- Move the registry entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RuffianSoftware\TechIdentityManager to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RuffianSoftware\TechIdentityManager
- Copy the new DomainService distribution to the computer and extract all the files to the new install location (this can be the same as the old location, just overwrite all the files).
- Run “DomainService install” from the new location
- Run “net start RuffianDomainService”
These steps can be done to also change from the x64 to x86 version of the DomainService client, just copy the registry entries the opposite way.