By default TechIDManager’s TechClient that runs on Windows supports an standard US layout keyboard for the “Send Keys” functions. If you are getting the wrong characters typed with using “Send Keys” buttons because you are using a different keyboard layout, then this will fix that. Version 3.41 adds the ability to use a custom keyboard mapping to make “Send Keys” work with a non-US keyboard layout:
- Open TechClient version 3.41 or newer.
- Go the Settings tab (by clicking on the 3 horizontal bars in the top right corner)
- Click “Map Keyboard”
- On the dialog that comes up click “Start” and wait for it to finish and close.
- Don’t type anything or click on any other windows while it is working.
- The mapping process will take about 30 seconds to complete.
- If the process completes without any errors, you are good to go.
- If there are errors, please contact email@example.com for assistance.